OSKBES MAI began development of multi-purpose four-seat twin engine airplane MAI-409.
The airplane has been designed according to AP—23 Aviation Rule requirements, analog of European CS—23 and American FAR—23.
Distinctive features of the airplane:
- «clean» aerodynamic shape and retractable landing gear provides cruise high performance. However, Fowler flaps with large diameter wheels allow operation from unpaved runways;
- easy entry and exit (to the rear seats similar with three-door cars);
- exceptional view for the crew due to the selected layout of power plants;
- application of proven engines (motor gasoline A-95) with a quality dealer support;
- comfortable conditions for the crew because of the of interior dimensions and efficient ventilation and heating.
The main applications of the MAI-409 aircraft:
- air travel and air tourism;
- initial training and professional selection of flight crews;
- aerial photography, tool monitoring, air patrols gas and oil pipelines, power lines, etc.;
- using as military airplane.